Surf's up: Enhypen enjoys the ride with 'Orange Blood'
简介Enhypen returns with a riveting new sound with its fifth EP "Orange Blood."The members on Thursday h ...
Enhypen returns with a riveting new sound with its fifth EP "Orange Blood."
The members on Thursday held a press conference in Seoul, a day ahead of the album's release.
Member Jungwon said the album deviates from the team's iconic intoxicating music and exudes a "subtle sexiness."
Representing Enhypen's new sound on "Orange Blood" is "Sweet Venom," a groovy and chill punk-pop melody through which the members vow their eternal love.
According to Sunoo, it is an extension of the title song "Bite Me" from the previous album "Dark Blood."
"The melody is really addictive. When I first heard it I thought 'now this is a title song.' You can sing along to it the instant you hear it, and I think it's gonna make a hit," Sunoo said.
Jay has been credited as a lyricist for the song, his first time taking part in writing lyrics for the team.
"I've tried writing lyrics before, but then, I just wrote what I felt. This time, I focused on writing lines for the team. I looked through the lyrics of our past songs as well," Jay explained.
The album rolls out three versions of "Sweet Venom," the Korean version, an English version and a collaborative edition with American singer Bella Poarch.
"This is our first English song. We didn't simply translate but wrote new lyrics and melodies for the song," Jake said.
The album includes four other songs, "Mortal," "Still Monster," "Far Away" and "Orange Flower (You Complete Me)," which the members said all overflowed with different charms.
Not only the title song, but the whole album continues the story from "Dark Blood," the members said. The so-called "blood" series interweaves elements of Enhypen's original web-comic series "Dark Moon: The Blood Altar."
The keyword of "Orange Blood" is "carpe diem," as the narrator, the boy, reunites with his lover, "you," and pledges to stay with her no matter what, even overcoming the pains of the lethal poison spreading through the body. The boy realizes that nothing in the world lasts forever, and what he can do is giving the best shot at love.
The star director of hit Korean TV dramas "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016) and "Mr. Sunsh ...
The US Department of Commerce announced a set of rules Tuesday to update and strengthen its restrict ...
The Metropolitan Museum of Art will present the exhibition “Lineages: Korean Art at The Met” in cele ...
- Solbi talks about dealing with malicious online comments in documentary
- [사진] 수도권 상공 출격한 미군 B
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
Lotte renews online grocery sales race with new mega facility
[Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
Is Blackpink leaving YG?
Beef prices have soared 100
[Herald Review] ‘Our Season’: a relatable story for all moms and daughters
S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- 사전투표 D
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- [Herald Interview] Samyang CEO envisions elevating K
- Celltrion's Zymfentra to make US debut in February
- Ilyon Woo's nonfiction lands on NYT's 10 best books of 2023
- Festivals to illuminate Seoul’s winter nights
- '12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
- 홍준표 "엑스포 박빙 보고…尹 파리 출장가게 한 참모들 징계해야"
- [Today’s K
- Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- 'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
- Merger of Korean OTT platforms Tving and Wavve imminent: sources
- Remaining BTS members to begin military service next month
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate pause hopes
- Former divas return as Golden Girls
- [KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
- As streaming services raise fees, some turn to illegal streaming sites
- KT CEO carries out first organizational revamp
- Insurance firms' net income jumps over 47% on
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance