‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
简介Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Awards.
Hosted by actor Cha In-pyo and comedian Jang Do-yeon, the award ceremony, also known as the Grand Bell Awards, was held at Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, on a smaller scale than in previous years.
“Concrete Utopia” won the most coveted best picture award and five other awards, with Lee Byung-hun snatching the best actor award for his role in it. Actor Lee Sun-young won the best supporting actress award. "Concrete Utopia" is Korea's entry for next year's Oscars.
The best actress award went to Kim Seo-hyung of “Greenhouse,” which tells the story of a nurse and caregiver, Moon-jung, who lives in a greenhouse. It delves into the character's downfall as she tries to cover up the accidental death of an old couple in her care.
It was Kim’s fifth win at the Daejong Film Awards.
The best director award went to director Ryoo Seung-wan of “Smugglers,” which attracted 5.1 million moviegoers this summer, surpassing its breakeven point at 4 million admissions.
Singer-songwriter Zion.T contemplated how to reach new listeners when working on his third studio al ...
Tensions are rising over the potential for a strike by Seoul Metro workers, as labor and management ...
South Korea is set to open its largest-ever defense exhibition Tuesday to boost exports of its lates ...
- Korea, Japan hold working
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- S.Korea's largest
- [Korean History] Deadly sinking of Navy ship in 2010 marks worst postwar military disaster
- Jeonse scams cause W510b in losses, with less than 25% recovered: lawmaker
與 김재섭 "이낙연, 개딸을 바이러스 취급…메시지 너무 셌다"
탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
[Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
S. Korea set to open largest
Requirements for zoo licenses set to be toughened
S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Abandoned dog with note and heart sparks anger
- Man arrested for stabbing restaurant owner in Paju
- Prosecutors seek 30
- North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns
- Korea, UK to adopt Downing Street Accord to elevate ties: presidential office
- Hyundai Steel starts new campaign promoting recycled steel
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- LG Energy Solution Q3 net soars on US demand
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- [Today’s K
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- Maestro Semyon Bychkov breaks silence on Israel–Hamas war
- Woori Bank accelerates overseas expansion
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day